The Ohio Theatre
IN LOUDONVILLE, OHIO
The historic Loudonville Opera House was built as the municipal hall, fire station and opera house in 1909. It continues to house the village offices, council chamber, and police department as well as the 400 seat theatre which became known as The Ohio Theatre in 1931.
This property is listed on the
National Register of Historic Places by the Department of the Interior.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT
THE OHIO THEATRE
The operation and success of the theatre is reliant on a number of community volunteers, with tasks ranging from marketing to concessions and maintenance.
As a not-for-profit organization, the Loudonville Theatre & Arts Committee assists with the renovations of the theatre and ensures its continued use.
As the cultural center of Loudonville for over 100 years, the theatre is the perfect place for area businesses to connect with their community.
NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
Although the types of entertainment have changed at the Loudonville Opera House and some alteration has occurred in the municipal spaces, the building retains its integrity. The combination town hall and opera house was the ultimate symbol of the community's commitment to the promotion of itself as a cultural entity. The Loudonville City Hall and Opera House, built in 1909-1910, is a perfect illustration of the typical combination town hall and opera house of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century.
- Nathalie L. Wright
National Register Coordinator
Ohio Historic Preservation Office